Fireworks are made of gun powder, a powerful and hot force. If used incorrectly, they can cause severe injury and even death.
Some simple tips can make using fireworks a fun and safe event.
Remember that in the excitement of using fireworks, it's easy to forget safety.
Since fireworks are mainly used at night, vision of things around you is lessened. Beware of people, animals, and other things around you.
Use only legal fireworks.
Wear safety glasses when using fireworks.
Have only adults or mature children use them.
Closely supervise children who are watching.
Never point fireworks towards other people or animals
Wear shoes so that your feet stay free from burns and pokes from sharp objects.
Realize that all fireworks' fuses can burn at different rates…some slower than others….so, don't hold on to the fireworks too long.
Realize that a sparkler can get as hot as 1800°F
Place used sparklers tip down in a bucket of sand.
Leave exploded and not exploded - , fireworks alone over night to ensure that the fuse is out. Used fireworks can also be seen easier in daylight to perform an area clean up.
Remember - Safety is always # 1.
The National Fireworks Association. Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02269